Monday, October 8, 2007

Survey Monkey

I've used Survey Monkey quite a few times for SCLS issues in that I've completed the surveys set up by someone else. I never knew or thought that it was software that I could use myself. Now I'm thinking that some of those burning questions about library services could be presented in a Survey Monkey set up on our website. For example, some questions about Adult Programming, i.e. what day - time of day- is best for programs, are refreshments appreciated, how do you usually find out about adult programs at the library, etc.
Thanks project play people!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Oops, I forgot! Do you guys think this might be a good way to get some of the inside info on what patrons are looking for concerning programming? thanks, Maria

Lester Public Library of Vesper said...

I think it is one way to get the info, just don't forget to talk to all those patrons who aren't reading the Library's Blog! Thanks for asking! - JoAnn

Stef Morrill said...

Hi Maria --

Ah, glad to hear you found SurveyMonkey useful.

I think it's a great way to get feedback from customers -- one caveat, though, is that you will only get responses from people who are comfortable going online and completing a survey (unless you do a print version as well), so that's something to keep in mind...

Have fun with it!