Friday, October 5, 2007

So I tried it. Thought I was going to die.

O.K. I'm just kidding,



1971 Alka-Seltzer commercial http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/19/business/media/19adco.html



No seriously, I just checked out my 11 feeds today and thoughly enjoyed Unshelved, New Urban Legends, Dilbert, etc. It's pretty cool that the info comes to me instead of me having to hunt for it, which if I had to I wouldn't and then look at all the fun stuff I'd be missing!



About Literature even gave me an interesting non-fiction title to order for our collection.




Ball, a Dog, and a Monkey : 1957- The Space Race Begins
D'Antonio, Michael
ISBN / ISBN-13:
0743294319 / 9780743294317






On a related personal connection...my doctor ordered a cardiac stress test for me, which I just found out is positive, so I'll be seeing a cardiologist on Monday. I search online for a cardiac RSS and found one that looks very informative. I not only subscribed to it, but after I registered on the site, I started a journal on the site as well. http://www.healthcentral.com/heart-disease/c/all/?ic=4027



Now see what y'all have started! :) Muchas gracias, Maria

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oooh, ooohh, I think I'm starting to figure this out...I just added your blog to my rss feeds - under a new folder, even! - so now I think I answered my own question about if the blogs and these feed lists are linked! I may catch on yet!

See you at work Saturday!

Stef Morrill said...

Hey Maria!

Congrats on starting to get hooked on RSS and bloglines...

...and though I certainly wish your current personal crisis didn't exist (I'll be thinkin' about you), it's great to see how you took a risk and made a profile for yourself on another community. These social sites and support communities can be very powerful...

Take care,
S.

Anonymous said...

Phooey! I had that Alka-Seltzer commercial all figured out on my own (not Googled! I swear!) and you blow it for me in your very next post. Serves me right for reading in chronological order.

Seriously, though, good luck with the cardio stuff.

Dennis