Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Screencasting is Cool!

Hey, this screencasting is cool! I can see where libraries could really add value to their websites, by using screencasts to "show" folks how to use all the cool stuff that is available. The only trouble I had making my screencast was finding the X to turn off the recorder when I was finished, thus several seconds of "dead air" at the end. I didn't use a script, but I can definitely see that you would want to use one for the best results. Who knew such cool software was available for free and so easy to use. Thank you P.P.P. for showing it to us!

3 comments:

Miscellaneous Librarian said...

Good job Mary! I especially liked the rumor that Eric's parents are proud of him even at age 12. -- Kathy

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you, Maria! You made your first screencast. And the "proud parents" comment at the end made me LOL.

Glad you had fun with it....

Jill said...

What a great job you did Mary!! Did you share it with Eric?